The QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who have a responsibility for providing treatment to patients who need medical gases administering in prehospital environments.
During this 1 day course, candidates will learn how to safely administer emergency oxygen, pre-operational inspections for oxygen therapy equipment and the clinical need for oxygen therapy when dealing with a range of conditions.
Successful candidates will leave with the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to safely administer prompt and effective medical gases in an emergency situation.
- Understanding the use of oxygen therapy, including:
- Health and safety principles for the use of oxygen
- Benefits of oxygen administration
- Indications for emergency oxygen therapy
- Dangers for compressed gas
- Administering emergency oxygen
- Pre-operational inspections for oxygen therapy equipment
- Clinical need for oxygen therapy for:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Delivery devices
- Understanding the use of a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen
- Administering a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen