This qualification forms part of the QA First Aid suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
- Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications
- Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
This QA qualification is for people who work with or look after children, enabling them to have a basic knowledge of how to deal with paediatric first aid situations which can arise when looking after children.
This qualification outlines a range of practical skills for providing first aid to infants and children. Learners will practise assessing and managing an incident and demonstrate how to treat a variety of serious conditions.
This qualification specification provides information for Centres about the delivery of the QA Level 3 Award, in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) and includes the unit information, assessment methods and quality assurance arrangements.
- Infant CPR and safe use of an AED
- Child CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking casualty
- Paediatric wounds, bleeding and shock
- Unconscious casualty
- Management of paediatric fractures
- Management of anaphylaxis
- Catastrophic bleeding (optional)